Delicious Cubano Sandwich Recipe with Jalabeaños October 28 2016
Check out this easy, yet culinary conscious Cubano style sandwich that will knock your socks off with its powerful punch of flavor!
IngredientsFor the Roasted Pork
- 2.5 Pounds, Pork Shoulder
- 1 Onion
- 8 Cloves, Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon, Salt
- 2 Cuban Baguettes, or Soft French Baquettes cut in 4 pieces
- 16 Slices, Smoked Ham, About 1 Pound
- 2 Pounds, Roasted Pork (from above), Sliced Thin
- 12 Slices, Swiss Cheese
- 1 Jar, Pacific Pickle Works Jalabeaños
- 8 Ounces, Grainy Mustard, or Yellow Mustard
- 2 Ounces Butter
For the Pork Shoulder
- Prep heat oven to 300℉
- Prep an oven safe container with sliced onion and garlic at the bottom of the container.
- Wash pork shoulder in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season pork shoulder with salt and place in a oven safe container on top of onion and garlic.
- Cover with tightly with foil. Roast in the oven for 3 hours.
- When pork is done remove from oven and set cool.
- Once cool, slice thinly to make cuban sandwich.
To Build Cuban Sandwich
- Slice cuban bread, spread butter and mustard on inside bread.
- Build sandwich with swiss cheese, smoked ham, sliced pork shoulder and Pacific Pickle Works Jalabeaños.
- Close Sandwich, press down on sandwich to flatten.
- In a medium heat cast iron pan place sandwich and put a pan or weight on top.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes. Turn sandwich over and repeat last step.
- Remove sandwich from pan and finish with butter on top and sprinkling of salt.
- Cut on a bias and enjoy!