Delicious Cubano Sandwich Recipe with Jalabeaños October 28 2016, 0 Comments
Check out this easy, yet culinary conscious Cubano style sandwich that will knock your socks off with its powerful punch of flavor!
IngredientsFor the Roasted Pork
- 2.5 Pounds, Pork Shoulder
- 1 Onion
- 8 Cloves, Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon, Salt
- 2 Cuban Baguettes, or Soft French Baquettes cut in 4 pieces
- 16 Slices, Smoked Ham, About 1 Pound
- 2 Pounds, Roasted Pork (from above), Sliced Thin
- 12 Slices, Swiss Cheese
- 1 Jar, Pacific Pickle Works Jalabeaños
- 8 Ounces, Grainy Mustard, or Yellow Mustard
- 2 Ounces Butter
For the Pork Shoulder
- Prep heat oven to 300℉
- Prep an oven safe container with sliced onion and garlic at the bottom of the container.
- Wash pork shoulder in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season pork shoulder with salt and place in a oven safe container on top of onion and garlic.
- Cover with tightly with foil. Roast in the oven for 3 hours.
- When pork is done remove from oven and set cool.
- Once cool, slice thinly to make cuban sandwich.
To Build Cuban Sandwich
- Slice cuban bread, spread butter and mustard on inside bread.
- Build sandwich with swiss cheese, smoked ham, sliced pork shoulder and Pacific Pickle Works Jalabeaños.
- Close Sandwich, press down on sandwich to flatten.
- In a medium heat cast iron pan place sandwich and put a pan or weight on top.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes. Turn sandwich over and repeat last step.
- Remove sandwich from pan and finish with butter on top and sprinkling of salt.
- Cut on a bias and enjoy!